The Merchandising team is seeking an energetic European Category Manager. The Category Manager role offers the unique opportunity to have impact on the category growth by defining the strategy and plans while creating and implementing brand guidelines.
The Category Manager must be able to work independently but also in highly collaborative environments. The successful candidate will be a strong project manager with deep analytical skills and able to drive continuous improvements throughout the organization and secure vendor investments. Your team
You will be part of the Merchandising team which consists of top-level professionals with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities and competencies. You will be part of a team where your voice is heard, your skills appreciated and your learning supported. You will report to the Category Director. Your activities
– Defines and implements the Category Strategy & Plan supporting sourcing strategy and vendor selection and negotiations incl. Staples Brand
– Defines pricing strategy and vendor activity calendar aligned with theme calendar for the category
– Executes category strategy and plans across markets/ segments, in cooperation with local organizations
– Manages Category Portfolio of brands and products within category plan
– Responsible for category portfolio via creation and implementation of category Brand Guidelines with centrally defined and locally adapted vendors and articles via switching tables, implementation and exit plans.
– Support Sourcing Manager on taking actions to translate the Category plan into sourcing strategy and tactics and drive vendor investment and execute contractual conditional activities
– Responsible for reaching profitability targets through vendor negotiations and category development within owned categories
– Maintains data for central assortment, determines initial sales price (not promo price) and ensures pricing rules include category plan assortment selling strategy
– Engages in joint plans with commercial stakeholders, to jointly drive sales and increase profitability of a category across country clusters/segments
– Monitors business results, market development and trends
– Leads quarterly business reviews of category plans with local stakeholders
– Leads bi-annually business reviews of category plans with cluster MDs
– Drives cross functional efficiencies within the Staples organization
– Identifies and implements best practice/process within the organization
You are a Merchant professional with at least a Bachelor degree in a related field. You have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in category management both at strategic and tactical level. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and is result driven, innovative and customer-focused. Furthermore you show strong ownership/commitment, have proven leadership experience in managing projects and you are a strong communicator in English (verbal and written).
You will be part of a dynamic company where you can make a difference. We believe in empowering our associates with work that is fast-paced and challenging with lots of opportunities to learn and develop. You will be part of an international team that respects each other’s values and is committed to make more happen.
How to apply?
Did we get your attention? Apply through the company website by clicking the “apply” button or visit our career page. For further information regarding the Retail Recruiter role, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only use this e-mail for further inquiries and apply through our website.
About Staples Solutions
Staples Solutions is the leading provider of workplace products, services, and solutions to small, mid-sized, and large businesses in Europe. Through our integrated offering, Staples Solutions is the partner of choice to meet the diverse needs of the workplace of today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate in 17 countries in Europe.