Finance and Economics Management & Business Others
3 - 5 Years
October 30, 2017
Treasury Analyst EU
This position reports to the Manager, Treasury Europe, and is a high security position situated within Treasury Operations. The role has responsibility for executing daily cash management activities under stringent time limits in coordination with the (Senior) Cash Managers and in adherence with strong process and control procedures. The position also supports the global cash forecasting model by analysing and explaining material differences between forecast data and actual data.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Responsible for interfacing with cash accounting to support the timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of cash activities.
2. Responsible for monitoring bank account activity.
3. Capable of “troubleshooting” transactional cash management issues with banks, ITS, etc.
4. Perform daily activities in support of several cash management activities such as monitoring settlements, executing payments and monthly netting runs, in house banking activities, etc.
5. Reconciliation of actual cash flows from individual entities and consolidated reporting groups to bank account balances.
6. Investigation of discrepancies between cash flow and bank balances (Intercompany and cash accounts) and liaise with local accounting and treasury operations personnel to resolve.
7. Support and/or backfill for the preparation of weekly Variance Analysis to measure the actual performance against the LT cash forecast (CF) including detailed explanations for material differences.
8. Act as backup for Cash Managers for daily cash positioning and execution of cash investments/borrowings, and to hedge financial risks (i.e. FX).
9. Prepare periodic and/or ad hoc reports.
10. Participate in Treasury Projects or requests from the line manager.
11. Responsible for reporting of derivative transactions (i.e. EMIR reporting to Trade Repository).
12. Responsible for operational management and administration of Bank Guarantees and Parent Guarantees.
13. Responsible for documenting and maintaining files in accordance with Treasury Policies and Procedures, ensure compliance and report process changes to ensure documentation remains up to date.
Bachelor’s degree as a minimum, ideally with a major in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar field. Master’s degree preferred.
Typically, 2 to 5 years’ experience in a financial role, preferably with accounting or treasury/cash management exposure, although starters will be considered as well.
Basic understanding of accounting and treasury operations preferred.
Strong working knowledge of MS Office, advanced skills in Excel
SAP experience preferred.
Getting Results and Added Value Focus: The capability of meeting challenging objectives in an efficient and effective way. Contributing to the goals and the profitability of the company by getting the right things done in the right time against the lowest possible costs. Actively seeking business opportunities that provide the Company with a high added value.
Openness and Willingness to Learn: The aptitude to actively explore new ideas that can enhance performance, taking in new knowledge as he/she goes. This can only occur when the individual maintains an open attitude in all respects, removing any barriers to learning and development. Maturity to identify potential problems or errors proactively and assist with implementing solutions. Essential is an eagerness to discover the unknown while not being afraid to challenge long standing beliefs, even if this means going against the crowd.
Teamwork Attitude: The willingness to strive together to realise solutions in a challenging team setting; looking for the common interest; aspiring to reach answers to problems and solutions driven by the company’s interests.
Well-organised, structured working approach in a process-driven environment
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with a wide range of audiences, internally and externally
Strong focus on accuracy and detail
Able to work under pressure in a company with an international culture