Finance and Economics IT Management & Business Others Marketing and PR
December 14, 2017
Territory Channel Manager (TCM)
The Territory Channel Manager (TCM) role is key to Microsoft’s channel management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The goal is to work within a defined customer territory to maximize partner attach, revenue and renewals across customer success lifecycle. The role is designed to align with individuals across the Territory Field & Inside Sales, Build-With, Go-to-Market, Licensing and Operations teams to ensure partner offerings are aligned to customer requirements as defined through the solution maps and business priorities. The role will manage relevant priority Go-to-Market plays for defined territory as a catcher for sales execution. Further, the role should drive partner connection in the defined territory to ensure partner attach, maximize revenue and renewals. The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with partner sales leadership. The outcome will be to maximize revenue, renewals, cloud consumption and digital transformation in the territory.
Key Responsibilities: The Impact You’ll Be Making…
1. Create customer lifetime value by curating an ecosystem of best of breed partners in territory around a customer leading to customer lifetime value and growth in consumption & usage.
Territory Revenue Plan:
1. Map channel revenue plan in assigned territory, align Partner Ecosystem and identify Microsoft Go-to-market based on Solution Map focus.
2. Work with Build-With & Go To Market team on capacity requirements of key cloud workloads & optimizing territory revenues.
Connect territory to the partner ecosystem:
1. Identify and connect Co-Sell Ready Partners and their P-sellers to customer opportunities through Field & Inside Sales.
2. Through P-Sellers’ community engagement, curate a pool of highly capable P-Sellers to scale coverage of customer opportunities
Consumption Through Partners:
1.Track and monitor territory partners’ contribution to consumption in existing customers.
2. Engage partners as needed to unblock slow progress and implement plan to address with Build-With or Go-To-Market
3. Identify potential scenarios to drive new consumption or usage.
Experiences Required: Who we’re looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
10+ years of experience – core sales, channel sales, Mid-Market and model experience, business development.
MS platform experience preferable
Reasonable level of technical proficiency in order to understand partner solution offerings
Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
o Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
o Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!