AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Bring your Supply Chain Planning expertise to AkzoNobel Decorative Paints
AkzoNobel is a leading global decorative paints and industrial coatings company, and a major producer of specialty chemicals. We are passionate about supplying industries and consumers worldwide with high-quality, innovative products in a sustainable way.
Our Decorative Paints business adds color to people’s lives through a full range of quality products. We supply interior and exterior paints, lacquers and varnishes to professional decorators and DIY enthusiasts.
In the past four years, we reallocated the Supply Chain Planning of various Decorative Paints plants in Europe & Africa to Sassenheim, The Netherlands. In our Supply Chain Planning center, which consists of more than 40 higher educated Supply Chain Planners from more than 15 different nationalities, we develop and implement leading best practices in Supply Chain Planning. Our way of working has proven to significantly increase service levels and decrease inventory for our Decorative Paints business.
We are passionate to serve our customers’ needs, to closely collaborate with our stakeholders and to expand our Supply Chain Planning knowledge. We are looking forward to welcome new Supply Chain Planners who share our passion for Supply Chain Planning excellence.
Role description Supply Chain Planner
We offer two types of Supply Chain Planner roles: Supply Chain Production Planner and Supply Chain Material Planner. In both roles, the goal is to exceed service level targets at minimized supply chain costs within S&OP rules and operational constraints (such as limited capacity and minimal order quantities). Supply Chain Planners work in SAP-APO and supporting Excel tools.
The main activity of the Supply Chain Production Planner is to create an optimized production plan for one of our factories in Europe & Africa for the next 12 weeks in close alignment with stakeholders.
The main activity of the Supply Chain Material Planner is to create an optimized raw materials and packs replenishment plan for one of our factories in Europe & Africa for the next 4-6 weeks in close alignment with stakeholders.
While the focus of the roles is operational, in order to reach service level and supply chain cost targets Supply Chain Planners are also expected to continuously review the SAP-APO settings. In addition, Supply Chain Planners lead and contribute to developing and sharing best practices within Supply Chain Planning.
Supply Chain Planners work within teams of 5-10 people from the same role. The teams are divided geographically within Europe & Africa. Team members support each other in operations, review of SAP-APO settings, and best practices. The team reports to the Production Planning Manager respectively Material Planning Manager who leads the team in setting the performance and development objectives. Team members regularly align with their manager and pro-actively follow up on progress.
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Who can apply?
A demonstrated affinity with Supply Chain is a must. The role is suitable for both:
– starters who have excelled in their Supply Chain Management (or similar) education and who have with a strong appetite to learn and contribute in Supply Chain,
– candidates with practical experience in these roles in FMCG, who are flexible to adapt to new ways of Supply Chain planning.
– possess a passion to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers
– combine a high conceptual understanding of the trade-offs between SC KPIs and steering mechanisms with a data driven, fact based approach to problem solving
– are able to focus on a task, follow through and “get things done”.
– are stress resistant, and able to adapt to changing conditions and re-prioritize their tasks as needed
– have excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and foster the interfaces with stakeholders
– have an open mind and curiosity to understand other cultures and promote mutual understanding
– are fluent in English. Depending on the plant, additional languages (e.g. French, Dutch, Turkish, Spanish) can be of benefit.
– are willing to travel for approximately 20-30% of their time to one of our Europe & Africa Decorative Paints plants.
Please do not apply if you do not fit this profile. You will not proceed to the next round. If in doubt whether or not you are a suitable candidate, please contact our Talent Resourcing Partner.
As part of your application, please supply:
• higher education grade list (including results of not yet finished degrees)
• letter in which you motivate your application (for one or both roles)
Only candidates who have supplied these three documents will be considered.
We offer a one year contract at first.
If you would like to receive additional information, please contact Denise de Bock or Samantha Veer, Talent Resourcing Partner, telephone +31 (0)88 0106789 #2.
Only online applications will be accepted, please go to www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 16004O6.
An employment screening and an online assessment may be part of the selection procedure.