Are you powered by a relentless drive to build awesome software? And you can’t wait to build stuff that makes our thousands of users’ lives easier and better? Cool, read on!
You think programming is a lifestyle instead of just a job: you invent just because it is epic. Blending a no-nonsense attitude with curiosity and enthusiasm, you like getting knee-deep in code abstraction and backend architecture. Your sharp sense of abstraction helps you discover recurrence where others only see coincidence. Clean, structured coding is your trademark and if it were up to you, the entire world would be coding in OO languages.
So who are we? At bunq, we built our backend as well as our frameworks from scratch. In the past year, we’ve brought a couple of ground-breaking innovations to the old-fashioned world of banking. For example, we put our users in charge of their direct debits. More recently, we established a direct link with MasterCard – meaning we built our own card payment processor! And we’re not done yet: our users provide us with a wish list filled to the brim with awesome ideas. We’d love to have you on board as part of our backend, Android, iOS, team to help realise the impossible!
You’ll join a team of over 70 passionate bunqers who’ve come from all over the world to build something amazing together. Waking up with brilliant ideas and going to bed knowing you made them happen. That’s bunq.
What it takes:
- (Close to) A BSc or MSc degree (preferably Computer Science related)
- The ability to code in either Java or Objective C (mobile platforms) or PHP
- A great sense of responsibility
- Constant drive to grow and improve yourself
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world with a young, lean company that’s growing fast
- A dedicated team that explores and expands beyond the cutting edge of IT, fintech and banking
- A great informal atmosphere
- The best food (and drinks!) to keep your engine running
- The bunqr – our spacious office located at walking distance from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk