You have been messing around with shell scripts since you got your first computer. Optimising systems and adding redundancy has been second nature to you ever since – whether it concerns your Roomba or your databases. Sounds like you? Read on!
As our Senior DevOps Engineer it’s your mission to develop and maintain our complex IT infrastructure. Intricate issues will make their way to your desk, from security cases to challenges regarding our networks and databases. We don’t like standard solutions, so you’ll tackle the majority of processes in-house (with FreeBSD as our operating system of choice). Our expectations are through the roof, but we’ll give you the freedom to direct your projects as you see fit and make solid decisions. You’ll work closely together with our CEO, coders, DevOps colleagues as well as non-IT colleagues.
So who are you? Scripting languages are what you’re best at, and you thrive on complex data and network challenges. ‘Structure’ is your middle name and you prefer doing it right over doing it fast. You have a great sense of responsibility and finding secure and scalable solutions is your way of going about.
You’ll join a team of over 70 passionate bunqers who’ve come from all over the world to build something amazing together. Waking up with brilliant ideas and going to bed knowing you made them happen. That’s bunq.
What it takes:
- Extensive knowledge on Linux / Unix / BSD / system administration and PF
- (Extensive) knowledge of network administration and MySQL clusters
- Comfortable around LDAP, Puppet and Icinga
- Ansible does not have any secrets for you
- Ability to think in structures
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world with a young, lean company that’s growing fast
- A dedicated team that explores and expands beyond the cutting edge of IT, fintech and banking
- A great informal atmosphere
- The best food (and drinks!) to keep your engine running
- The bunqr – our spacious office located at walking distance from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk
Sounds like you? Hit the apply button and let’s talk!