The analyst will be working across the three channels, being Online, Retail and Advantage and be responsible for pricing and merchandising.
Responsible for conducting data mining and predictive analysis and providing decision support on our structural, promotional and customer pricing strategies to identify growth and margin enhancement opportunities throughout the EU Business Units. Working collaboratively with the Channel Pricing Manager and across the EU Business Units with all stakeholders (MD, local pricing managers, local commercial managers, merchants, marketers, etc.).
Merchandising / Category Management:
Provides information, analysis and recommendations to support category management and merchandising in their decision making. This person will work closely with category management and merchandising to understand what structural and ad hoc analytics is needed and what reports/dashboards to build to track performance.
Pricing analytics − 60% of time
Performing continuous analyses (including heavy data analytics, statistical modelling) to provide decision support (incuding recommendations ) on various topics like:
- Identifying new sales and margin opportunities at the category and class level
- Refining established pan−European pricing rules
- Support pricing projects
- Develop processes and share best practices that support in−country pricing teams
- Address questions of business leaders
Execute and analyse strategic price tests. Work cross functionally (Marketing, Merchandising, etc.) to ensure the proper set−up and communication. Provide test insights, analysis and recommendations to channel pricing manager based on financial results
Innovation and development − 10% of time
Assist in identifying and developing new analytical techniques, applications and ideas for ways by which the organization can increase customer traffic, sales and/or gross profit through pricing and promotions.
Category Management and Merchandising − 30% of time
- Responsible of get all the reports needed (cross channel as well as any particular focus) out of the systems periodically or ad hoc
- Gathering category and consumer data to help identify opportunities to improve category sales through optimal assortment and providing analytic reporting to category Managers
- Assists and/or completes the analytical preparation used for a category review
- Provide assistance to Category Managers developing the category strategies, category plans and planning promotional activities
- Develop documentations related to category management and sales activities
- Provide clear and actionable insights combining customer, competitor and market data to drive the day−to−day decision making processes within the central merchandising function
- Provide input to the Merchandising to identify unexploited revenue opportunities at the product and customer level
Knowledge, skills & experience
Education and Experience:
- University level degree, strong quantitative (e.g. Econometrics / Statistics / Hard sciences)
- Preferably 3−5 years analytical experience
- Preferably 3−5 years experience in pricing and/or merchandising analytics (preferably B−to−b, Retail, Online, FMCG)
- Preferably experience in relational database programming (SQL, Oracle, SAS)
- Preferably, experience in predictive analytics (regression, segmentation, clustering) and knowledge in statistical computer packages like “R” and SAS
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Access
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is necessary
- Required travel 10% of the time