There are thousands of ways to furnish a home. You probably know most of them. Can you lead and show a team how to do it?
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader in life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
WHO WE ARE
We’re a diverse group of down-to-earth, straightforward people with a passion for home furnishing. We come from all over the world but we share an inspiring vision: ‘to create a better everyday life for the many people’. How we realize the vision is based on our values. These values are the foundation of our work and our inclusive, open and honest culture.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Being the store Interior Design Manager demands energy and enthusiastic leadership. You share your deep knowledge of people’s life at home and home furnishing competence with your store team. Your main challenge is to show functional, beautiful, sustainable and affordable furnishing solutions that are relevant to your local market. You also challenge and encourage people to see their homes in new ways.
Your tasks will include:
• Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market;
• Applying your extensive home furnishing knowledge to create up-to-date room settings and other store media, thereby creating vitality throughout the IKEA store;
• Using the richness of the IKEA product range to show distinct and different styles that appeal to many individual tastes and needs;
• Reflecting the IKEA identity and creating visual impact in all commercial, sales support and co-worker areas;
• Recruiting, developing and leading your team by encouraging open, constructive and honest, two-way feedback.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
• A higher education qualification in Interior Design and a solid background of working as an Interior Designer;
• 3 till 5 years leadership work experience;
• Stress resistant;
• Retail experience;
• Strong and high capability in working together with your Sales and Logistic partners as a team;
• A deep passion, curiosity and understanding for home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home;
• Acting as an inspiring and motivating leader who can engage people fully to reach set goals, and generate growth and long-term profitability;
• Continually seeking new opportunities to make improvements in the way we work and encouraging your team to do the same;
• Challenging your team and yourself in order to strengthen the IKEA Brand and at the same time exceed the expectations of customers.
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits, dependent on education and experience. IKEA also offers good secondary benefits, such as a personal pension fund.