About the Company
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. The brand delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
Calvin Klein is one of the best known designer names in the world, offering a modern, provocative design aesthetic. The Calvin Klein brands – Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein (platinum label), Calvin Klein (white label), Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Underwear – provide the company with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, distribution channels and catering to a diverse group of consumers. Calvin Klein also designs and markets a range of other product lines including fragrance, eyewear, watches, jewelry, and home furnishings. The Calvin Klein brands achieved approximately $8.1 billion in global retail sales in 2014.
The Creative Services Department is responsible for the interior design of the European showrooms (for PVH brands Tommy Hilfiger & Calvin Klein), the seasonal (interior) concepts in support of markets, as well as the design & delivery of PVH’s future European headquarters, the Campus at Houthavens in Amsterdam.
Additionally, Creative Services assists in the designs & roll-out of ad-hoc architectural/ interiors projects such as People’s Place in store & digital showrooms globally.
The FF & E Designer will be supporting and reporting directly to the Architectural Designer.
- With a minimum of 4 years’ experience you will be expected to be organized and efficient with a strong technical understanding of all aspects of FF&E and the ability and knowledge to write detailed technical FF&E specifications
- Experienced in devising / executing concepts & designs in the field of interiors/ retail trade/ visual presentation
- Ability to produce finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Lead in sourcing, sampling, project record keeping and budgeting FF&E designs
- Design custom fixturing, details and lighting layout
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
- To attend site meetings and design meeting with architects and contractors
- To assist with site surveys
- A positive proactive attitude is a key aspect of this role as you will be working on projects of all scales with a team of designers
- Degree in Architecture
- Computer Skills: Autocad, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch Up, Cinema 4D
- Fluent in English, understanding of Dutch a plus
- Flexible attitude & willingness to adjust concepts to suit the creative requests
- Advanced knowledge of retail best practices, including VM, customer touch points and campaigns
- Strong & effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Organization & project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Inquisitive, tenacious, flexible in mindset
- Up to date with design trends
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team