Management & Business Others Supply Chain and Procurement
6 – 10 Years
November 14, 2017
European Sourcing Manager
The Merchandising team is seeking an energetic European Sourcing Manager. The Sourcing Manager role drives sourcing strategies, in close cooperation with Category Merchants. Identifies suppliers, negotiates contracts and O&A and manages vendor relations within the sourcing strategy of one or multiple categories as part of category plan.
In this role you are responsible for vendor base, performance and consolidation according to sourcing and category strategy and plan. Further you are responsible for Vendor investment percentage on purchase value (including a.o. rebate, O&A, supply chain, and payment conditions), inventory value and working capital improvement and purchase price development.
You will be part of the Merchandising team which consists of top-level professionals with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities and competencies. You will be part of a team where your voice is heard, your skills appreciated and your learning supported. You will report to the Category Director.
– Drives effective sourcing strategy and approach per category and vendor in close cooperation with Category Merchants and other relevant stakeholders
– EU vendor contracts, O&A performance and timely completion of procurement activities
– Vendor relationship owner and driving relationship management activities, as defined in category plans
– Negotiates overall terms and conditions, contracts with suppliers (product, prices, SLA, coverage, payment terms etc) to increase category profitability and supplier investments
– Responsible for data collection and TCO analysis including spending assessment of multiple categories
– Performs market research including supply market assessment, raw material cost analysis and other relevant cost drivers
– Responsible for own brand’s sourcing based on agreed product development requirements and category plans
– Responsible for contract related administration including investment claiming overview and communication of contract outcome
– Completeness of communication (information available on Merchandizing portal, Contractual One-pagers, update emails etc)
– Quality and timeliness of reporting
– Transparency of the local vendors contracts and support/ share best practice for negotiation approach
– Academic background (minimum Bachelor): preferably in business administration or finance / procurement HBO/University degree, CIPS, NEVI
– 5+ years of experience in Procurement / Supply Chain / relevant Business
– Demonstrable success working both independently and in highly collaborative environments, with a strong focus on customer service
– Preferably experience working in a (team) leadership / management position
– Preferably experience in a complex diverse environment
You will be part of a dynamic company where you can make a difference. We believe in empowering our associates with work that is fast-paced and challenging with lots of opportunities to learn and develop. You will be part of an international team that respects each other’s values and is committed to make more happen.
How to apply?
Did we get your attention? Apply through the company website by clicking the “apply” button or visit our career page. For further information regarding the Retail Recruiter role, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only use this e-mail for further inquiries and apply through our website.
About Staples Solutions
Staples Solutions is the leading provider of workplace products, services, and solutions to small, mid-sized, and large businesses in Europe. Through our integrated offering, Staples Solutions is the partner of choice to meet the diverse needs of the workplace of today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate in 17 countries in Europe.