Digital Development Engineer
Lighting positively affects people coupled with our deep technological know-how enable us to deliver digital lighting innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help to improve lives. Serving professional and consumer markets, we sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services, leveraging the Internet of Things to take light beyond illumination and transform homes, buildings and urban spaces. With Connected Lighting, we create value beyond illumination for our customers. Do meaningful work, while the whole world is lighting up and be a part of creating innovation, because it’s the diversity of ideas of our people that inspires the innovation that runs through the whole world of lighting. Be a part of creating innovation, because it’s the diversity of ideas for our people that inspires the innovations that runs through the whole world of lighting. How Philips Lighting lights the world beyond illumination: http://bit.ly/1VBIoWk. LED Lamps Europe gives you the challenge to co-develop, co- release and co-define the digital future of retrofit LED Lamps. You will contribute to Philips Lighting LED Lighting solutions by testing, developing and deploying relevant lighting components, products and architectures leading to market introduction of new digital propositions for LED Lamps.
As a Digital Development Engineer you:
- Design, realize and test components, products, system
- Define scope, analyze and report of your own tasks/ assignments within the various projects running in parallel
- Define and realize automatic test set ups
- Keep User eXpirience in mind, while designing, testing and releasing
- Finalizes the designs specifications, schematics, drawings codes and writes test scenarios for the developed modules or components
- Delivers input within plan and budget
- Ensure proper documentation of developed hardware /software /mechanics
- Integrates components into system and defines tests accordingly to the release requirements
- Keeps up to date with external developments and develops own IoT skills
You are a team member of the LED Lamps EMEA which is a part of LED Lamps business which is the part of Philips Lighting. We are responsible for the LED product and system development, customer and application support, Field quality at the European market. We bring lighting to next level to a connecting lighting where we deliver systems, services and connected lighting. You are a part of our global R&D team. The headquarters are in Shanghai, China. As a Development Engineer you will mainly serve Europe and you will travel max 15% of your time. You report to the Group Leader of LED Lamps EMEA. The position is based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
We are looking for
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics
- Hands on, pragmatic and customer oriented
- Experience with component, product and system testing and release is a pre
- Affinity to Systems, Services and IoT
- Test definition, automation and execution experience
- Experienced in digital / SW-intensive / System development
- Fluent English
- Good understanding of German, Spanish or French language is a pré
- Good communication skills
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization in the world who is not leaded by innovation, but who is in the lead by creating meaningful innovation. This fast-paced position will quickly give you the chance to push your career and aspirations forward within a top global company. We’ll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we’ll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 254218. As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible! After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.