For an international Telco company we are searching for a Database Specialist. It is a project in the area of Amsterdam for a period of 6 months. Job purpose:
* The Database Specialist is responsible for the administration of all retained production, test, development and training environments running MSSQL databases .
* The role will also work alongside the trusted partner to deliver the remaining database services, reporting into the relevant workstream Database Manager.
* The role requires daily involvement in Change Management, Performance Management, Capacity Management, Security Management, Compliance and Governance as well as 2nd/3rd line technical escalation for incidents and problems.
* The Database Specialist will work with projects to build and review new database technology and review work carried out by trusted partners.
* The role also requires participation in a call-out rota for P2, P1 and MSO incidents.
* Manage high priority incidents (P2/P1/MSO) through to service restoration
* Attend Post Incident Review meetings providing meaningful feedback on actions
* Manage all incidents and changes related to retained database services
* Work with Database Security and Control team to ensure database technology adheres to regulatory compliance
* Conduct database performance and capacity management
* Provide database design and consultation for projects including attending architectural meetings and approving proposed solution
* Work with the Database Security & Control team to assess, plan and deploy security and functional database patches across all technologies and editions
Specific Skills and Abilities:
* Expert experience of core database technology products so that this role can act as a technical consultant.
* Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration
* SQL Server Integration Services
* SQL Server Reporting Services
* Windows Cluster
* Active Directory
* Significant knowledge of SCOM
* Thorough practical and theoretical knowledge of SQL coding
* Knowledge of backup and restore
* Experience managing site-to-site disaster solutions.
* Understanding of the telecoms and media business sector
* Understanding of the LG IT and Transformation processes
* Relevant industry experience in an operational environment
* Qualified in one or more ITIL / Project Delivery methodologies
* Proven track record of managing multiple complex project deliveries simultaneously
Please let me know if you are interested in this opportunity and attach your most recent CV in your reply.
Sthree Holland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.