Administration & Customer Service Finance and Economics IT Management & Business Others
1 - 3 Years
June 19, 2017
Vacancy in the Directorate of Telecommunications and Integrated Applications.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
Post Business Controller
This post is classified A2 – A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Business Controller in the Business Planning, Management Support and Coordination Office, Directorate of Telecommunications and Integrated Applications.
The postholder will report to the Head of this Office, which is responsible for executing the overall controlling function within the Directorate and provides overall support to the Director with managing the Directorate and its Departments to ensure coherent and effective implementation of its core activities.
Specific duties will include:
• managing efficient, consistent and integrated implementation of esa-p in the Directorate; providing management reports as required based on esa-p queries; analysing esa-p data to highlight deviations and propose corrective actions; developing and automating management reports; documenting and reviewing reporting processes, ensuring efficient and suitable use and compliance, proposing improvements;
• supporting project controllers in advanced use of esa-p, ensuring knowledge transfer in this domain to enhance proficient internal use and automation;
• representing the Directorate in Agency-level initiatives within the field of competence, including but not limited to esa-p working groups;
• coordinating financial end-of-year closure in the Directorate;
• coordinating efficient use of Directorate information systems; ensuring strategic coherence of their development and use, particularly relating to electronic document storage, review and approval as well as online collaboration;
• contributing to the preparation, maintenance and improvement of the Directorate’s internal and external reporting, with special focus on efficient preparation, involving multiple system sources, as well as in presenting reports;
• providing inputs for periodic reporting to Directorate management, Corporate functions and Delegate bodies including on Key Business Performance Indicators;
• performing administrative and controlling tasks directly related to the Office;
• implementing ad hoc tasks that fall within the field of competence, as requested by management, ensuring adherence to ISO procedures in the areas of responsibility.
• facilitating an efficient environment to allow for the planning, consolidation and maintenance of the Directorate resources and activities plans, short, medium and long term including commitment, budget, cost, cash, workforce and procurement plans.
SAP based ERP systems and related queries
Highly advanced reporting skills
In-depth knowledge of Microsoft office, particularly Excel
Strong analytical skills
Knowledge of business process improvement and business change management
Understanding of financial regulatory framework, financial accounting and auditing techniques
Results Orientation (rigour/discipline)
Planning & Organisation
Applicants should also demonstrate a strong aptitude for System & Business Thinking as well as self-motivation (including sense of rigour). Knowledge and experience with cost control, resources & activities planning will be a definite advantage.
Applicants for this post should have a Business Administration degree at Master level university degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework.
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required.
Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The closing date for application is 28 June 2017 .
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
If you require support with your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada and Slovenia.
Priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented Member States.
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment.