Apply before 31-01-2017
BESTSELLER is one of the largest fashion companies with around 20 brands; including VERO MODA, ONLY, VILA, NAME IT, SELECTED, JACK & JONES and PIECES amongst others. Our products are sold in approx. 15,000 multi-brand and department stores and globally through our E-commerce platform.
During this internship you will be part of BESTSELLER’s central E-commerce department in the centre of Amsterdam. From this office we support all BESTSELLER brands in growing and optimizing their E-commerce activities in an open, dynamic and international environment where each day brings new and interesting challenges. You will interact with colleagues in the Demand Planning Team as well as the brands for different assignments.
Department & Position
The Analytics Team is focused on providing insights around various business fields (incl. customer behaviours, web traffic acquisition, stock planning and management, financial performances) in order to provide data driven decision bases for different departments.
The focus of this role will be to provide and assist stakeholders with various analysis requests and other ad-hoc tasks. You will get the opportunity to work closely with stakeholders in the different business functions and brands, and gain experiences in both data analysis techniques and stakeholder management.
Specifically you will:
- Extract data from different systems and applications
- Gather and process data in Excel/Python
- Create slide decks with analysis outcomes & recommendations
- Assist with ad hoc analysis
- Student in Graduation Year or newly Graduated.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SQL/VBA/Python/R is considered as a plus (but not necessary)
- Basic knowledge of E-commerce is a plus.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Who we are looking for
You are able to think critically and independently and have a self-motivated personality. You are creative in your approach to problem solving, and are resourceful enough to try new approaches & techniques if you hit roadblocks in your work. You have an interest in Business development and/or E-commerce, and enjoy using data to shape and inform business decisions.
What we offer
- Diverse and challenging work in a dynamic and growing E-commerce industry
- A competitive salary and reimbursement for you daily commute
- 50% discounts of all the fashion items we are selling
- Modern office located at the center of Amsterdam plus an International working environment
- Trainings on advanced data analysis techniques and tools
Please send us your application incl. CV and cover letter as soon as possible, and no later than 31st of January. We will review applications on an on-going basis. In case you have any further questions about the role, you are welcome to contact Ziyan Zong [firstname.lastname@example.org] or Rory Vigus [email@example.com].
About BESTSELLER A/S
More than 15,000 people work at BESTSELLER worldwide.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975, providing fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, JUNAROSE, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT, Y.A.S, and more. Products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multi-brand and department stores. For more information, visit www.bestseller.com.
The multi-brand company of BESTSELLER is selling through more than 3000 retail stores and globally through E-commerce. The entrepreneurial spirit back in 1975 is still very much alive, and that is why BESTSELLER decided to relocate its E-commerce headquarter to Amsterdam.